We recognise that our business activities interact with the environment in a variety of ways. These activities have an impact in the key areas of:
- Raw material use;
- Energy use;
- Generation of waste materials.
We recognise that we have a responsibility to help protect the environment wherever there is an opportunity to do so, be a responsible neighbour and to provide a comfortable environment for our employees to work in.
As such, we are committed to:
- Continual improvement in the environmental impact of our business activities;
- Preventing pollution wherever possible;
- Complying with all relevant legal, customer, and other third party requirements;
- Adopting best practices applicable to our activities wherever it is practical to do so.
We will achieve these commitments through the following means:
- The implementation and maintenance of an Environmental Management System that is independently certified as compliant with ISO 14001.
- Employing processes that identify the aspects of the Company’s business that have an environmental impact and quantifying the significance of each aspect.
- Setting objectives for reducing its environmental impact and maintaining an environmental performance improvement programme to enable them to be achieved.
- Ensuring that our employees, suppliers and customers are aware of any support required by them to support the Company’s commitments and environmental objectives.
- Training our employees in good environmental protection practices and encouraging employee involvement in environmental improvement initiatives.
- Continually monitoring the environmental impact of our business activities.
The implementation of this Environmental Policy is fundamental to the success of the business and must be supported by all employees as an integral part of their daily work.